To report a crime, please ring 101
Always dial 999 in an emergency
Residents of the parish are lucky enough to live in an area where crime levels are low and most incidents tend to be less serious in nature. Crimes do occur however (most commonly burglary and/or theft) and it is important that everyone makes an effort to both prevent and report crime.
To help understand the nature and impact of crimes, a monthly report is prepared by West Yorkshire Police and this is reviewed at Parish Council meetings. You can view the latest copy of the report by clicking on the link below.
Meet your PCSO
Your local Police Community Support Officer PCSO Geoff Nottingham is working hard to improve our local Neighbourhood Watch. Geoff works closely with the Parish Council to reduce the incidence and impact of crime. Please contact Geoff if:-
- You have useful information relating to a crime or potential crime.
- If you would like to be part of the Neighbourhood Watch.
- If you would like to be sent e-mails warning of criminal activity in the Parish.
- You would like to know more about the role of your local PCSO.
Barwick & Scholes CCTV Scheme
Does your property have a CCTV system installed? If so you may be able to help prevent crime in the Parish by joining a Police operated CCTV scheme.
How it works
1. The PCSO holds a list of all CCTV owners in the area.
2. When a crime has been committed, an E-Mail will be sent to all CCTV owners.
3. Owners will be asked to review footage around the time the crime took place.
4. If an owner sees anything suspicious, they should contact the PCSO.
5. Where appropriate, the PCSO will contact the owner to review or request the footage.
How to join
Joining the scheme is easy. Simply contact your PCSO, Geoff Nottingham, who will add your name to the list.