The Parish Council is a statutory consultee on all planning applications within our parish.
Parish Councils only have the authority to comment on an applications. The Parish Council do not determine planning applications. The final decision rests with LCC through either delegated decision made by planning officers or by the principal authority’s own planning committee plans panel. The Parish Council Planning Committee will meet the 2nd or 3rd Monday of Each month at John Rylie House, Barwick in Elmet.
The Planning Committee is currently made up of the following members.
- Chair Councillor Phil Maude (Scholes)
- Councillor Paul Remmer (Scholes)
- Councillor Karen Dales (Scholes)
- Councillor Neil Beaumont (Barwick)
- Councillor Howard Bedford (Barwick)
- Councillor Glyn Davies (Barwick)
Planning applications can be viewed on Leeds City Council’s Public Access Page